Canister cable

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

marc.collin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
hi

i bought some agro gland 1017.52 (
M16x1.5)
agro_info_499.jpg

do you have any good quality cable to suggest?

correct is SJOOW cable it means

The different letters in each type of portable cord designate the characteristics the cord has. The 'S' and 'J' letters in each of these types mean that they are ‘J’unior ‘S’ervice. Junior service simply means that the voltage rating of the cord is 300 volts. A single ‘O’ designates an oil resistant outer jacket, while the double ‘OO’ stands for oil resistant insulation and an oil resistant outer jacket. Finally, the ‘W’ stands for weather and water resistant, and is CSA approved for indoor or outdoor use.

Portable cords are also rated as heavy duty, medium duty and light duty. These designations are given based on the jacket used on the cord. All four types (SJ cable, SJO cable, SJOW cable; and SJOOW cable) are considered heavy duty, due to their thermoset rubber jackets. Portable cord with thermoplastic elastomer jackets are considered medium duty and those with thermoplastic jackets are designated as light duty.

You can tell what type of jacket the cord has by reading the letters as well. A thermoplastic elastomer jacket will have the letter "E", usually after the "S" or "SJ" depending on the service type. A thermoplastic jacket will have a "T" instead of an "E" in the same spot. The absence of an "E" or a "T" means it has a thermoset rubber jacket.

but there is another
big catch : cable must be thick enough to manipulate , cable must be very flexible and also flexible at lower temp . For solving that you have to use fine braided cable SJOOW

Normal household electrical cable of correct thickness has always worked for me.

Normal household electrical cable of correct thickness has always worked for me.

Normal Household Electrical Cable is just a little to broad of a term my friend. In the US one most likely would think of Romex, as an US Electrician I would not even considered an SJ or SO type of cable as normal household cable. But I have also used your metric standard wire and it is very similar in construction like US SJ cable.

This reminds me when I was doing my apprenticeship I also worked Part Time at Home Depot. We had this customer come in looking for the "white" cable to finish wiring his basement. When I showed him the white Romex (NM) he said that was not what he used. He used white lamp cord...which is about three sizes to small and under insulated for his purpose. He sure was disappointed when he learned he had used the wrong "white" cable for he already put up his drywall over his lamp cord. Some other salesman told him to use the White cable but did not take the time to ensure this poor guy picked the correct cable for the job.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom