choice of delrin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Those are Delrin grade numbers. The 100 is general purpose unmodified high viscosity. It will be tougher (also tougher to machine) and less flexible than the 500 grades. The "AF" signifies a high percentage of PTFE (Teflon) so this grade has been modified to make it more slippery. The 150 is nucleated so really dense. I'd not use this as it might be susceptible to UV or chemical attack leaving it brittle. 507 and 570 are glass filled - again probably not good for marine - lighter but perhaps brittle. If I could get a standard Delrin 100 grade (not AF), I'd consider it the best for marine applications.

Those are Delrin grade numbers. The 100 is general purpose unmodified high viscosity. It will be tougher (also tougher to machine) and less flexible than the 500 grades. The "AF" signifies a high percentage of PTFE (Teflon) so this grade has been modified to make it more slippery. The 150 is nucleated so really dense. I'd not use this as it might be susceptible to UV or chemical attack leaving it brittle. 507 and 570 are glass filled - again probably not good for marine - lighter but perhaps brittle. If I could get a standard Delrin 100 grade (not AF), I'd consider it the best for marine applications.

one supplyer said me delrin 100 grade without af don't exist

and for the delrin 150 it's around 110$/feet (canandian), very expensive

your supplier is not correct. There are online sites where you can order rods or sheets of delrin 100.

some provider said me they don't sell delrin 100 because you can use it for extredud only for injected

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom