Scubapro G250 Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mcarlson

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I 'm rebuilding a G250 and I've run into a problem. The seat included in the kit I bought from vintagedoublehose has a different seat that the old one I just pulled out. I believe that I have a weird model, or someone has modified parts during a previous rebuild.

Should I look for the seat in the picture and, if so, where would I find it?

If these are substituted parts, should I try to go back to original parts configuration?

imagejpeg

You need the s-wing poppet, part #11250220. This poppet used to come in the service kit, so if you can find a NOS kit, it will do the trick; if not, those poppets are on ebay quite often. What you have is an old-style poppet that is no longer made. It's been a while since your reg was serviced, although it looks to be in excellent shape.

This is an old one I bought on eBay to teach myself to do rebuilds. I have another MK10/G250 that I bought in 1992 that I still send to a shop for service (until I feel competent doing it myself).

Thanks! Knowing what to look for is 90% of the solution.

---------- Post added March 31st, 2015 at 10:42 PM ----------

You and Awap seem to be the repository of all Scubapro wisdom.

---------- Post added March 31st, 2015 at 10:49 PM ----------

I found one on eBay. I'm also getting the balance chamber that goes with it just to be safe.

The blue poppet you have is not oddball or weird at all. However, as others have pointed out, it does not have a replaceable seat. Fortunately, the latest poppet (S-wing) does have a replaceable seat.

For more information on the evolution of SP poppet design and some other information that will help you better understand how to service your new toy go to:

Vintagedoublehose.com-->Manuals and Catatlogs-->Continue-->BLPEN163-->ScubaPro Schematics. Download the following files: ScubaPro poppet changes, G250 Vintage annotated schematic, 109 250 adjustment principals.

Good luck and keep us updated on your progress.

I got the poppet and balance chamber in the mail today. Everything is installed, adjusted, and working perfectly. I'm very pleased with the way this has worked out. I'll never send either of my MK10/G250 regs out for service again.

I got the poppet and balance chamber in the mail today. Everything is installed, adjusted, and working perfectly. I'm very pleased with the way this has worked out. I'll never send either of my MK10/G250 regs out for service again.

Well done!

Now that you're doing your own service, I highly suggest herman's o-ring insertion tool, it saves a lot of time. The only trouble is, these things last so long between rebuilds that you don't use it very often.

Back
Top Bottom