DIN/Yoke cylinder compatible medical O2 regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hello, I am putting together an O2 kit, using a steel 80 cylinder with a DIN valve for my oxygen supply, I have a DIN O2 regulator that I use for the demand but need a way to provide continuous flow. I found this on the internet (SCL 290 | Rotarex). Does anyone have experience with these or any other products?
I could also change the valve to a yoke if there are any options for that configuration.

I bought the RescuEAN to allow me to use deco bottles with the rest of my emergency oxygen supplies.

Home

Thankfully I haven't had to use it yet, but I have played around with it and it seems like a nice simple tool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rescueEAN is the way to go with a standard regulator. I know you're in MX, but something like this for a dedicated O2 bottle isn't a bad thing
Dry Suit / Pony Bottle Valve "Nitrox Ready!" One of those with a fill adapter will allow you to hook up to standard scuba stations.

I have found over the years that I ended up with multiple solutions for multiple situations and that drove me nuts. About ten years ago I built a do anything kit, pulling out the appropriate connections for that day:

PIC_0007.JPGPIC_0008.JPG

With this kit, I can use my Deco bottles one day, swap out a couple of parts and take a small O2 bottle the next, then swap out a couple of more and use a large K bottle over a long weekend. I use a standard hose and fitting configuration, allowing me to use the same kit for transfilling, or connect to my booster. Most of the parts are available form McMaster Carr and e-Bay and, most importantly, you don't need to do it all at once, you grow it organically. It isn't that expensive, probably less than $300 in used parts, to build a transfil whip, 15-20 lpm flow regulator and BVM.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom