NEED HELP!!! Please check my work.... Made My own Dive log pages, are they right?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
After noticing how much dive log books were at the dive shop I decided to make my own sheets, after playing in excel a while I decided I would be happiest if I just broke out the pencil and cranked out my own page layout. I have acess to a binding machine so it really was not a problem to make up this little book... I am new to diving(9 dives) so I need some insight on whether or not the content of these pages will support all of the activities or recording needs that I may encounter as I continue diving. I'm not planing on going technical, just recreational and possibly some advanced realm stuff.

So Please, those more knowledgeable than me, take a look and give an opinion on the content and layout of this home spun dive log.. thanks!!!.

1FullSizeRender.jpg2FullSizeRender.jpg3FullSizeRender.jpg4FullSizeRender.jpg

You might want to track your exposure suit (drysuit, wetsuit (how thick), hood, gloves, boots) and how much weight you had. These items come in handy when changing gear.

Looks good to me! Since you made it you can also modify it if you want to. I use a style that my OW instructor came up with that has two dives per page. It has a profile similar to yours. When I do tech dives I made self-adhesive labels that go over the profile to indicate my stops, mix, and run times.

sounds great. I made mine too. Cannot copy it because it is in french.

Mine has, in addition: sequence in the day. I am often diving 2 or 3 times per vacation day. Could be interesting to know the sequence.

I also mention the alarm that my computor gave me: exemple: slow (too fast ascent), DECO ( décostops ).....

Similar idea as Freewillow: where is a spot for surface interval?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
6IMG_2621.jpg

that was a great idea! i had to do a little erasing and adding, but i will definatly add it to the original so that future copies have a SI spot. for now ill just write it in comments, or stick it in around the same area i added it to.

if you see anything else please let me know!

Thanks for the input

I think they look pretty good. My only additional thought is that as I dive a lot, full page logs have become impractical. If you think you are going to do lots of diving over the coming years then you might want to think about putting more logs on one page.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom