DIY Gear Storage Rack

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Militant83

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Ok guys, I have a room in my house that is my gun/scuba/spare bedroom. I had taken all the shelving out of a closet that is roughly 8'x6'. I put my gun safe back in to one side of it and my scuba gear is just laying around in the other side. I'm wanting to build some sort of rack in the other side that isn't fixed to the wall. I was thinking of something out of 2x4s. It doesn't have to be complicated just something to hang wetsuits, BCDs, Fins store bottles, and store odds and ends (boots, hoods, gloves, etc).

Lets see what you guys are doing for your storage solutions. Explanations are great but pics are what i'm looking for

I used two 4x4s and built bases for them out of scrap wood and then painted them with rubber spray coating. Holes drilled at the top hold an aluminum pole (remnant of a snow roof rake). Lastly, put a bunch of the rubber-coated hooks all over it. Goes nicely in my garage for both drying and hanging storage.
12.jpg

Simple yet effective... I like it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought one of those metal clothing racks on sale recently. It fits all our wetsuits, my drysuit, boots, masks, and my wife's BCD. I have my main backplate on my twins sitting nearby and my travel wing in a big tupperware with other "spare stuff." I hang my DIN regs using some s-biners, same thing with my fins. Yoke regs and mesh bags are hung using some bent up wire hangers. Mesh bags hold compass, computers, wet notes, and all the other little small stuff.

Everything has room to air dry, rack is on wheels so its never in the way, and i can use the tupperware for soaking the gear in mirazime when needed. I'll build a tank rack when i get back stateside. In the meantime they just sit nearby.

20150419_092445.jpg
20150419_092525.jpg
20150419_092537.jpg
20150419_092551.jpg

I bought one of those metal clothing racks
That's what we use. One rack for my wife's gear and one for my gear.

They're on wheels so you can move them around to sweep under them, and the rack keeps your gear off the ground.

210fb8c7e35d7f76edc012a3d0577aee.jpg
d10bb48e27b4ad6166dba977c9b7c228.jpg

Well guys here is what I decided to do. I kept it simple yet functional. I went out and bought some 2x4s built a base and some uprights added an old closet rod I already had and instant scuba gear rack. The only thing Plan on adding is some hooks and a lower shelf on the base.

Something I looked into but never committed too.

ScubaBox.jpg

Now that would be nice.. My little set up is about my wood working limits lol.

in the house remained abandoned small cold storage for processing and storage of meat (2m x 2m x 2m ) with anteroom . All hooks , tables in SS ;-))

same temperature and always a little moisture in the air (+++)

very nice rail for fast transport from washing to storage ( not my on the pictures but almost the same )1.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom