Regulator savvy book

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jlnel

Registered
Reaction score
Looking at getting some reading material. I would like to get the regulator savvy book and notice that it comes in two styles, spiral bound and 3-ring binder. is there a difference between them other than that? there is a good price difference between them, so I just want to see if there is any input from people that have them.b

Last edited:
You should look into Vance Harlow's Regulator Maintenance and Repair
SCUBA REGULATOR MAINTENANCE AND REPAIR by Vance Harlow

If you look at comparisons and reviews between the two (online and on this site). Harlow's book is much easier to digest and learn from, where as Regulator Savvy is much more technical and useful guide to an experienced regulator tech.

I have not experience with either book, but my next scuba related book will be Harlow's.

I was thinking of getting that book also for the same reason. Between the two I should have plenty of reading!!

Yep. I have Regulator Savvy in front of me right now and I have to say it is a tough read. Enough so to make me reconsider trying this on my own. It does have a lot of information and wonderful illustrations. But I am wondering if it wouldn't be better to start with Harlow as many have suggested. I just happened to already have this one.

I was thinking of getting that book also for the same reason. Between the two I should have plenty of reading!!

---------- Post added June 29th, 2015 at 03:12 PM ----------

Opps, hit back button and reposted...

Just gives me a good excuse to buy more stuff!!

Looking at getting some reading material. I would like to get the regulator savvy book and notice that it comes in two styles, spiral bound and 3-ring binder. is there a difference between them other than that? there is a good price difference between them, so I just want to see if there is any input from people that have them.b
I know of no other difference betweeen the two. Maybe paper thickness? Why not contact Scube Tools and ask them?

Another extremely useful resource is maintenance manuals for whatever regulator models you intend to work on - if that's where you're headed.

I have the spiral bound Regulator Savvy and find it a convenient format. It wasn't that difficult to understand, but does require some concentration....certainly a thorough discussion of regulator "workings".

Back
Top Bottom