DIY Underwater MP3?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KidK9

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Anyone know of how to build a case for an MP3 player underwater? Where do I get the earphones? ANy suggestions so I can grab some tunes underwater?

I looked around for months for the parts to make the same thing and had no luck, I finally just gave up.

The closest thing I could find to headphones was something for an underwater medal detector but I don't know how good they would sound.

The push buttons that the name brand housings have to control the player are simply unavailable. I asked Ikelite and the manufactures of several different UW Mp3 and digital camera housings about buying them and no one would sell them to me. You can buy the lever style camera controls seperately from Ikelite but they won't sell you the push button controls.

If you have any luck finding the parts please post something on my DIY site as I'm sure others would like to make they're own.

DIY MSN Group

Have been using and happy with Aquapac-Mobiblu mp3 system, but earplug earphones need replacement. Can't find online-actually would be happy to purchase entire new system [!] but no results search WWW. jglaser

Padipro:
I looked around for months for the parts to make the same thing and had no luck, I finally just gave up.

The closest thing I could find to headphones was something for an underwater medal detector but I don't know how good they would sound.

The push buttons that the name brand housings have to control the player are simply unavailable. I asked Ikelite and the manufactures of several different UW Mp3 and digital camera housings about buying them and no one would sell them to me. You can buy the lever style camera controls seperately from Ikelite but they won't sell you the push button controls.

If you have any luck finding the parts please post something on my DIY site as I'm sure others would like to make they're own.

DIY MSN Group

Well, I suppose what you could do is this...

Get a water tight fitting and mount it to a pelican box of approx the same size.

http://www.diverssupplyinc.net/browse.cfm/4,213.htm

Wire the headset cable to the commposts. Then run your headset to the external commposts.

Then just start it going before you dive.

For headphones, try here

http://www.diverssupplyinc.net/browse.cfm/2,12.html

Just wire them to the headphone cable and be certain to shrink wrap your connections. connect to the commposts.

I just might have to do up one of these myself...

Holy Diver
You've been down too long in the midnight sea
Oh what's becoming of me

Ride the tiger
You can see his stripes but you know he's clean
Oh don't you see what I mean

Gotta get away
Holy Diver

KidK9:
Anyone know of how to build a case for an MP3 player underwater? Where do I get the earphones? ANy suggestions so I can grab some tunes underwater?

You can use Aquapac forMP3, then $15 earplug type headset from RadioShack. Cut off fingers from surgical gloves and use these for water tight covers for earplugphones. Good luck. jsg

Back
Top Bottom