Aqua Lung Titan LX Yoke to Din Conversion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aabond

Contributor
Reaction score
I have an Aqua Lung Titan LX regulator and tried searching for installation procedures by doing an advanced title search. The closest thing I found was the installation to a AL legend, but were very simplistic as I describe below.

I just purchased a din conversion kit on ebay for $25 brand new. I just wanted ask about the installation procedure. From various sources (techs) which I have spoken with, I was told that what needed to be done was as follows:

1. Remove yoke nut by either using a thinwalled socket, or use a large crescent wrench.
2. Place DIN connection on Regulator and tighten until snug using allen wrench. Then tighten 1/8 of turn more to lock.

Alright it seems easy enough. My question is that there were a couple of varying procedures such as:

1. Using a little blue (semi-permanent) lock-tite on the threads connection the Din to the reg.
2. Tighten DIN connection using a torque wrench.

What suggestions does anyone have regarding the installation of this kit?

I've used method 1 with regs, never the varying procedures., and haven't had any problems. Now I only buy DIN. The pressure should be enough to keep the connection. A torque wrench is probably overkill. I know that when they assemble the regs at the factory, they use something to keep the thread connection tight. Loosening the yoke has proved difficult at times. I think whatever they use is different than locktite, though. I'm not sure if locktite would be O2 rated or not.

Thanks for the info. Should I consider finding some type of thread locker that is O2 compatible and waterproof?

It's not necessary. Just unscrew the yoke and screw in the DIN. The o ring makes it watertight.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom