Rolling rinse/dry/storage rack

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Matt S.

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I got fed up with my existing system tonight after a dive, and decided to build a simple rack which would allow me to rinse my gear in the driveway and then just roll it into its storage position in the garage. It's made from 2" schedule 40 PVC, which is about $6 for 10 feet at Home Depot. The hanging bar is about 52" wide, and the posts are 48" high, to give you some more scale.

It ended up costing more than I expected, about $60, because I underestimated the cost of the pipe fittings and casters. But it works! It's sturdy enough to hold all this wet gear, but I wouldn't hop on and take a ride down the driveway. :)

There is a parts list on my web page. I'll keep the page updated if I add anything--I want to get some kind of net coving part of the bottom so there is a place for gloves.

2005765599390889133_rs.jpg

I've done something similar, except I used 1/4 inch metal pipe that I got from Home Depot. It stands about 6 ft high and about 5 ft across. Very sturdy. Only thing it lacks is wheels...so I drag it in and out of the garage. :)

May i suggest you add a piece of white coated wire shelving to the bottom. you can get them at home depot and they dont rust,are pretty sturdy, and air can criculate thru.

nice job though,i think i may do the same type of arrangement

Yeah, I have also thought about some kind of grate or netting on the bottom. Whatever material I use, I won't cover the whole area. When the rack is in its corner, there are fins, buckets of weights and other things in that open space.

If you don't glue the uprights into the "t", you can lift off the hanging section to make storage easier.

Good idea. I was going to glue it this weekend so I'm glad you mentioned that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom