Scuba Tank Stand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gregscuba

New
Reaction score
Did anyone ever see a tank stand that would allow a diver to load up his gear and put it on while backing into the stand? I did see one along time ago at Dutch Springs, PA. I looked like it was made from wood and had a small table for the tank and bc. It also looked like you could leave it hanging while your not using it. Any help would be great. Thanks:confused:

I've never actually seen one, but it should be easy enough to do.
just make sure that it's strong enough to hold the equipment, and stable enough that it's not going to fall over.

What I have always done for shore dives is to put the equipment on the tailgate of my pickup, it puts it at the perfect height to just back into it.

Beast has been building some tank racks for the swampers here in Texas. You might want to PM Dee for some details if your intrested. Here is the link with some pics of what he has been building

http://www.scubaboard.com/t22357/s.html

They will hold 3 tanks on each side and have bungiee's to help secure them.

Hope that helps,
Geek

Does anybody know an easy way to make some kind of tank rack that will keep the tanks from rolling around in the trunk of my car. I hate the sound of them rolling around back there, and figured someone would have a cheaper way to build one of these than buying the 20 dollar racks that only hold 2 tanks.

Thanks

Gregscuba once bubbled...
Did anyone ever see a tank stand that would allow a diver to load up his gear and put it on while backing into the stand?

An instructor of mine has something that he uses for his doubles. It's like a portable workbench that he got at Lowe's/Home Depot.

Hard plastic...totally collapsible. Spacing on the name of the manufacturer right now. I'll get back to you later on this.

hydroslyder once bubbled...
Does anybody know an easy way to make some kind of tank rack that will keep the tanks from rolling around in the trunk of my car. I hate the sound of them rolling around back there, and figured someone would have a cheaper way to build one of these than buying the 20 dollar racks that only hold 2 tanks.

Thanks
Anything helpful in this thread?

http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20500

These are tank racks for preventing tanks from rolling around, rather than a tank stand as in the original post.

Does anybody know an easy way to make some kind of tank rack that will keep the tanks from rolling around in the trunk of my car. Thanks
hydroslyder,

This is kind of wierd, because I was just about to post some pictures and directions for really cheap DIY tank holders for the trunk of your car, boat, pick-up, etc.

Give me 20 minutes.

Thanks

I have a square of plywood with 2x2's screwed to it every 6 inches. Keeps the tanks from rolling around, and they won't bang into each other. When I don't need it, just lift it out and stand it in the corner :wink:

See Picture 1 at the end of this post, and picture 2 in the next post.

Materials:

- “Fun Noodles” - K-Mart, convenience stores, and grocery stores
- Clear hose or scrap garden hose (5/8 in OD, 1/2 in ID) – Hardware stores
- “Poly” rope (“ski rope” yellow, braided rope) – K-mart (it comes with a “fid” and instructions)

Directions:

- Decide how many tanks you want to fit in a rack
- Cut clear hose into 6-inch sections (two for each tank)
- Cut “Fun Noodles” using a hacksaw or sharp knife (mine are 19 inches, maybe because I got three or four sections to a “noodle”)
- Drill holes through “fun noodles” 3 or 4 inches from end. (Drill or poke hole with pencil, whatever works)
- Run “poly” through holes in “noodles” (I taped the “poly to a pencil and used it like a needle and thread)
- Use hose as spacers

I used a single piece of “Poly rope” so that I only had to tie one knot (and I used the “fid” to make the ends of the rope disappear).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom