Where to buy and have installed a Tzip zipper

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stilldivin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have a Pinnacle Kodiak semi-drysuit. I've been told by a friend in Europe he has a semi-drysuit with a Tzip zipper and it works great. I can't find a supplier in the United states. The original zipper worked great and acted like a drysuit zipper until it broke after a couple of dives. Pinnacle put a wetsuit zipper in it but it would not close all the way, did not fit properly, and leaked like crazy. It's been removed by a guy I know and he tried to install a drysuit zipper in it, but since it's a front entry suit, it will not work. Any ideas? The zipper is about 32 inches long.

I see they are now available in the US. DRIS sells them and can install them. They quoted me a price; Yes, we can install a TiZip on your semi-dry suit. We sew in all our zippers and seal them from the inside. Your suit being a semi dry, we would still need to seal up our stitch line. The install and TiZip can be done for $285.00. (If you install it yourself, the zipper would be about $120.00.)

Contact 'Gamblescuba.com in Gainesville, Fl....They do great work; repairs, customizing etc. on dry and wet suits....

Well, two of us had bad zippers on our semi-dry suits. I took mine to the Korean dry cleaners and he sent his to Steve. I paid about 35.00 and he paid over 150.00 with both being regular zippers. It really is a choice but you do not need a TiZipper for a semi-dry and the local dry cleaners can do it cheaper.

Interesting you should mention that. When the zipper on my drysuit undergarment failed, I too used a Korean dry cleaner and they installed a new zipper for about the same price you paid. For my semi-drysuit, the reason I really like a drysuit zipper is no cold water comes through it, keeping me much warmer. The Pinnacle Kodiak semi-drysuit originally had a water proof zipper, but broke quickly. Maybe a Korean dry cleaner could install a Tizip zipper.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom