install latex neck seal under old neoprene seal?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eric784

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I have an older whites drysuit with a neoprene seal that needs to be replaced. I am thinking about switching it to a latex or silicone seal but was wondering is it possible to install the seal under the neo seal. My thinking for this is that the neo seal could be trimmed down where it would no longer be flipped in, it would become a collar for insulation around the neck with the latex seal beneath that. Has it been done? Can it be done? Couldnt find anything in a search other than separate neoprene collars being worn over latex.

Never heard of that myself, but it is an interesting idea. Although if you wanted it as a warm neck collar I would recommend having it removable and wearing it over the neck seal.

I would also recommend silicon seals, which will require a SI-Tech Necktite system. Order an extra latex neck seal for "when" your neck seal fails so you don't have to miss a dive.

Never heard of that myself, but it is an interesting idea. Although if you wanted it as a warm neck collar I would recommend having it removable and wearing it over the neck seal.

I would also recommend silicon seals, which will require a SI-Tech Necktite system. Order an extra latex neck seal for "when" your neck seal fails so you don't have to miss a dive.

I'm needing to replace my son's neoprene neck seal and have been thinking about doing the top idea. I haven't yet because I really want to do the bottom idea. I have the SiTech Necktite on my suit and love it with the silicon seal.

The neoprene may get in the way of manipulating the latex seal but I think you could adpat to it.

Pete

Back
Top Bottom