Suitable specs for ultrasonic cleaner for cleaning regulator parts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WhiteSands

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'd like to get a cleaner from Crest. What power and frequency should I be looking at for cleaning regulator parts?
I'd like the tank to be big enough to do 2 batches at once if possible.

Which models should I be looking at?

Thanks!

one big enough to fit what you want in? there isn't really any magic numbers, just have to have the right cleaners. I use a 7 gallon one but that is only because we have it for work. Haven't found any of the industrial ones to work better than others.

I have a Sonicor DSC-101TH lab unit, which is 100W, 1gal, with heating. I also use a plastic $50 jewelry cleaner bought on eBay. I can't see from a practical viewpoint that the lab model cleans any better than the cheap one, but I haven't tried to devise a careful comparison either.

The heating function is nice, but you can just add warm or hot water to the cheapo model and accomplish the same thing. The slightly larger capacity of the lab model is useful on rare occasion, or a detriment if you're considering the amount of cleaning solution used. The considerably higher weight of the lab unit is a definite negative for convenience.

Depends on how many regs you are planning on doing. I just do my own regs and anything else I want cleaned that fits into a Harbor Freight unit that has a heater. If I was in the business, I would get a better unit but it seems to work fine for what I need. It will pull the nickel plating off the brass if you run it too long, so I guess it's strong enough.

Ultrasonic Cleaner - 2.5 Liter $85 on sale.

Bob

Simple green works very well and is "economical"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom