looking for a way ? how to convert my scubapro nova 200 light into red / focus light?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Converting to red LED is pretty simple, but converting it to red and white will need not only some LED surgery but also some new switching mechanism, a lot more complex and it really isn't very bright.
Bill

Converting to red LED is pretty simple, but converting it to red and white will need not only some LED surgery but also some new switching mechanism, a lot more complex and it really isn't very bright.
Bill

:).....sorry for the confusion.....I meant only Converting to red LED or.....RED LIGHT

:)

Last edited:
Wow... :) many thx for the detailed answer....

But is there a more simple way?
Like red filter?....(where can I buy a substantial one that will make the diference?)
Or even Paiting the glass with a special red marker?

Stick it on the outside. It should be fine for many, many, dives. If/when it starts to come off, peel it off and replace---you have a whole roll to use.

The trick is to be sure it fully covers the lens---any gaps will let white light through. Use an xacto knife, or something similar, to get a tight trim.

If you open the light and put it on the inside you need to be very careful not to compromise the o-ring seals.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom