Emergency Repair Kit - For SAD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaVideo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I'm looking to put together some items for my save a dive kit to do a field repair of a TLS350. If I am out on a 3/4 day boat trip and puncture or tear my suit, is there something I can have in my kit to get me through the rest of the trip? Fast drying glues, patches, etc? I will already have Zip Seals as backups, so that is taken care of.

Stuff I have looked at included PB-300, Clifton UR1087 w/ ACC4009 accelerator, Aquaseal and Mcnett Ironmend patches. Will any of this work or should I just bring a wetsuit for backup :no:

I have an assortment of 'peel and stick' bicycle tire tube patches. I use alcohol pads to dry and prep the surface. I've saved neck seals this way, too.

DC

Aqua seal with some cotol 240 should do just about anything you need for a trip.

I have an assortment of 'peel and stick' bicycle tire tube patches. I use alcohol pads to dry and prep the surface. I've saved neck seals this way, too.

That's a great tip, I will take a look for those.

DC

Aqua seal with some cotol 240 should do just about anything you need for a trip.

Good to know - I just ordered both along with some of the patch material I mentioned.

Assuming the suit is DRY when you rip it and try to patch it. And assuming the hole is big enough to be found while on a small boat, crowded with divers and their gear, and the boat is going to wait around for subsequent dives while your patch dries.

On a day boat? Duct tape and hope for the best.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom