DUI 30/30 Drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Searcaigh

Seahorse Wrangler
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I have an opportunity of obtaining a DUI 30/30 drysuit brand new for a very good price, imported to UAE but the original person ordering it left or something, so it was never used.

Fit appears perfect with a polartec under suit although it is unlikely I will use that under suit here in UAE, most likely back in Scotland next year though.

The neck and wrist seals were not available but plan to check it out in the pool with them fitted next weekend, and checking I can still manage valve drills etc without it leaking at the wrists.

Before I really commit to it though I would appreciate some feedback from users of this suit if any exist here on SB.

Thanks in advance

My LDS has one hanging on the wall and I would be very happy to buy it if my current TLS suddenly died, even though I haven't actually dived a 3030 yet.

When you say the seals weren't available, do you mean it uses zip-seals and you don't have a set?

I got one very cheap from the online DUI warehouse sale a couple of years back. Nice suit for what it's designed for, but don't plan on putting much insulation under it--there's not room. Mine has latex seals.

My LDS has one hanging on the wall and I would be very happy to buy it if my current TLS suddenly died, even though I haven't actually dived a 3030 yet.

When you say the seals weren't available, do you mean it uses zip-seals and you don't have a set?

Thanks for the comments guys.

Yes fire_diver, the seals were not in the dive shop, I believe they are silicone ones.

@rongoodman, yes it did feel a bit tight with the polartec under suit but I could move my arms quite freely with it on, need to get some rock boots, what size up from normal dive boots if any is recommended? When I rent dry suits in UK they usually have attached boots (wellingtons).

I just use the neoprene boots I use with my wet suit. If I ever have it sent back to DUI for anything, I'll have them put Turbosoles on it.

I like the idea of rock boots as they should prevent too much air finding its way into my feet area, the built in wellingtons are not that great, need realy thick socks to pack the space.

There won't be any air finding it's way into your feet area because there are seals on the ankles just like the wrist, unless the suit has been modified.

Thanks for that info Ron, I will check next weekend when I try it out, it's still at CTD I thought the sock booties were a permanent attachment.

I have over 100 dive in my 30/30 and love it. It's like diving in your pj's. I use simple synthetic long underwear. I prefer silicone zipseal for the neck and latex zipseal for the wrists. My zipper leak on the last trip I had to replace it, so be careful. I used it on one occasion in cold water. Drysuit was fine, but my feet were very cold in my wetsuit boots.

You can have boots attached to a 30/30 as an add-on. So it's quite possible socks are attached with the RockBoot for over.

It's an AWESOME suit. Have fun with it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom