Weight and Flexibility Comparison between TLS350, FLX Extreme and CLX450

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BoltSnap

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Are there big difference between the TLS350, FLX E and CLX450 in weight and flexibility where one would notice especially between the CLX450 and the TLS350?

I do a lot of diving from shore and have to swim on the surface few hundred meters to get to the dive spot and thus the "flexibility" of the suit is an important factor. I know that the TLS350 is a very flexible suit and "glides" through water easily but I am also concerned about the durability of the suit and thus considering the CLX450 (we dive on wrecks, rock formations and reefs).

What do DUI and you folks think?

BTW, is there a weight comparison between the different type suits for a given size and set of accessories available?

Hi Burhan,

The CLX feels 'stiffer' and it is more robust over the TLS. As you mention though there are some trade-offs here. I love how easy the TLS just slides on. And of course we're not suppose to be on the reefs :wink: (I say this because we are friends). If you are actively on the wrecks and rocks my suggestion would be for the CLX. Plus I do not think you will notice the difference in the material. A small stature person might.

Hope that helps.

Thank you -

Kathy

I've been diving a TLS350 purchased in 2003 and am still diving it. So far it has required 1 new zipper (2009) at which time I had DUI install zip seals. Just serviced the exhaust valve and the p-valve (the silicone had degraded resulting in a small leak with both). Otherwise, no real problems. I also have a TLS350 purchased in 2009 (when the 2003 suit was getting repaired).

Both have lots of dives, both shore (vancouver island) and inside the Nanimo wrecks. No cuts or tears in either. I also have the turbo soles, and again no problems with shore dives.

I've been diving a TLS350 purchased in 2003 and am still diving it.

I also have a TLS350 purchased in 2009 (when the 2003 suit was getting repaired).

Both have lots of dives, both shore (vancouver island) and inside the Nanimo wrecks. No cuts or tears in either. I also have the turbo soles, and again no problems with shore dives.

Did you mean that you have TWO of the TLS350 suits?

Hi Burhan,

No it will not feel considerable heavier. Let me track down a weight comparison. It could be a couple of days. Everyone is at DEMA.

Have a fun weekend -

Kathy

Hi Burhan,

David Anton from the office thought it would be a 2-4 pound difference in weight. It would depend on the size of the drysuits. The components of the drysuit would be the same - valves, pockets, that type of thing. I honestly don't think it would be a substantial consideration for you.

Hope that helps.

Have a wonderful day -

Kathy

I have 2 TLS350's. Later next year, I will be looking at getting a new custom fitted FLX Extreme. It is not that I do not like the TLS350's, but they are not holding up as well as I would like. People chuckle when I mention that my suits are more Aquaseal than suit any more (& it is not far form the truth). It is nothing of DUI's quality,... I am just very tough on my equipment the cave diving I do & the nails in the picnic tables at my local quarry, have ravaged them quite badly. I'm just needing something a little tougher, without sacrificing streamlining.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom