Non-Zip Seal Gloves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sevenrider860

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hello,

I currently have the orange zip gloves. What glove set does DUI recommend for those wearing just wrist seals?

As far as know with zip seals it is either zip gloves or zip wrist seals with wet gloves. You can buy gloves with wrist seals built in that slide over the wrist seals. Another option is to use a dry glove ring system on the wrist seal (Si Tech Pull Over Glove rings) ect and use the gloves for those systems.

My question was written poorly. If I have the zip wrist seals installed, does DUI carry wet gloves? I thought there were wet gloves available at the DUI Demo Day I attended in 2012. I want to be able to remove my gloves during the surface interval while still wearing my dry suit. Many of the gloves I have looked at have "Aqua lock" or some other similar feature that I do not need.

I don't know about DUI wet gloves but I dive with zipseals and just an ordinary cheapish pair of 3mm wet gloves. There fine for most of the year here in the UK.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hello,

I currently have the orange zip gloves. What glove set does DUI recommend for those wearing just wrist seals?
I use a medium size of these DUI dry gloves over regular standard glued-on wrist seals:

DUI Online Dry5 Gloves

To help equalize drysuit to hands pressure at depth and prevent glove squeeze, place a short length of knotted bungee line or even a small hollow coffee-stirring straw tunneling underneath the wrist seals.

At $140 bucks that is a very expensive dry glove. I believe other venders have the same type glove for a lot less.. I believe Northeast Scuba Supply has/had the Viking Classic Ring System/Si Tech Pull Over Glove Ring System for about $40.

I don't know about DUI wet gloves but I dive with zipseals and just an ordinary cheapish pair of 3mm wet gloves. There fine for most of the year here in the UK.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I ended up grabbing a pair of Pinnacle MERINO NEO 5 gloves. I like my dry gloves, but some times I want the ability to remove the glove to get full dexterity back (changing batteries in flash/camera, etc) in between dives without pulling off the top half of the drysuit.

I have wrist Zip seals (silicone) on my DUI FLX Extreme. I picked up a pair of drysuit gloves and liners from an online store for about $25 (they look almost like rubber kitchen gloves, but they're not). The cuff of the glove simply goes over the DUI Zip seal "ring" and it seals while your hands stay dry. Plus, with the soft liners, I have yet to encounter a situation where the glove "squeeze" was too much. In fact, the little squeeze I do get makes the glove much more dexterous. All in all, I now have a dryglove "system" for less than $30 and can leave my drysuit on while removing the gloves during surface intervals, or I can switch back to wet gloves if I want.

Hi SevenRider860 -

It sounds like you hooked yourself up with a great pair of wet gloves. We don't have anything particular we recommend in a wet glove.

Enjoy!

Thank you,

Kathy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom