Quick nitrox fills around Montreal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deg

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
What's with Montreal dive shops? I've been to more than 5 shops and no one does continuous fill or bank 32% Nitrox. Am I missing something or is it just because people always ask for different %. I'd like to be able to drop my tanks in a shop and leave 15min later filled with 32%. Does anyone have a suggestion for me?

Obtain a bottle of oxygen and a transfill whip and store both in your garage. When you're done diving empty your tank and transfill 400psi of oxygen to your tank then bring it to the shop for an "air fill". (~$500 initial cost for the bottle, whip and gas, probably ~$50 to have your O2 bottle swapped out when the pressure gets equalized down to ~400psi on an ongoing basis) ... 200ft^3 of oxygen should get you ~14-15 good transfills.

They have no idea what's in there and you'll be on your way quickly.

Tried CPAS, Nepteau (usual business. If I'm pushing I can get a fill in a few hours but it's 1hr drive from home) , Total diving, Subaqua Tech and even Aquafutur (in St-jean-sur-Richelieu). None of them can give me a nitrox fill on the spot. I think I'll have to convert my garage into a home brewing station.

Back
Top Bottom