Diving in Quebec

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Open water is fine you just need a FQAS permit its just a cash grab competence program , but some places ask for it.

And what if you are diving without one? Does the SCUBA Police actually exist?

they realy dont but you might have a hard time booking a dive charter or filling your tanks .....welcome to the world that is Quebec

I dive since 2008 and never been asked for the fqas card for air fill.

One time in Les escoumins i was asked for it for a weighbelt rental, did not have the card with me and they did not bother.

I know Percé's charter ask for it. And some other (they are supposed to)

Some like to bash it but it is far from being a scuba police. The purpose of the card is not bad but it turned out to be a little annoying.

Are there other jurisdictions anywhere (in Canada or North America... or planet Earth?) at all that have their own permits, or is it just Quebec?

Are there other jurisdictions anywhere (in Canada or North America... or planet Earth?) at all that have their own permits, or is it just Quebec?

I believe that there are some jurisdictions in Europe that do have similar requirements, or at least place LEGAL conditions on diving. I also remember reading that there is one county in the Los Angeles area that also has, or had, some legal regulations in force to govern diving.

Of course, nobody does knee-jerk over-reactions resulting in unnecessary legislation quite as well as the Democratic People's Republic of Quebec.

Back
Top Bottom