Looking for Edge epic service manual

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

krawlings

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I need some help. I am looking for service manuals for * BALANCED PNEUMATIC ADJUSTABLE PRIMARY SECOND STAGE
* BALANCED PNEUMATIC NON-ADJUSTABLE OCTOPUS(SAFE SECOND) and 1st stage. could some one help me out ( piont me in the right direction. or supply a copy ) thank you for any help

I think mine has a warning about not giving it to anyone that has not taken the course. I'm sure Boss HOG will be along here shortly to clarify.

In the mean time try reading: SCUBA Regulator Savvy by Pete Wolfinger.

or Vance Harlow's Regulator Repair and Maintenance. If you go to frogkick.dk they have numerous manuals available for download, not HOG but you may find something of use there for informational purposes.

The manufacturer has decided not to release (i.e., make freely downloadable via the official website) the service manual for either the Edge or the HOG brand regs.

The Edge line is marketed toward recreational divers, and there is no official DIY-servicing class for them. Presumably, the manufacturer does not believe that recreational divers should be DIY-servicing Edge regs.

On the other hand, a DIY-servicing path is available for the tech-diver-oriented HOG line of regs.
The only way to get the service manual for the HOG regs is to take the reg servicing class, which requires some sort of "tech certification."
Students of the HOG reg servicing class have been specifically instructed not to give out the service manual to others who have not taken the class.

Last edited:
If one were to take the class, would Edge regulators be covered? Are their guts the same or similar enough to the Hog line to enable one to service both?

Thank you all for you feed back I will look at the books mentioned I did check the web sight there ws no edge . I now see why . As stated by youall

Thank you all for you feed back I will look at the books mentioned I did check the web sight there ws no edge . I now see why . As stated by youall

yep the web site I mentioned does not have any HOG/Edge manuals but the basic design is similar to other regs e.g. Apeks. You can download the DiveRite reg manual, again similar design:

Scuba Regulator Product Manuals By Dive Rite

My apologies to HOG if it's bad form for me to be providing info on other regs in your forum.

Cripes, maybe I should just make my own manual and lend it to others.

---------- Post added March 22nd, 2012 at 09:31 AM ---------- Previous post was March 21st, 2012 at 08:59 AM ----------

I think mine has a warning about not giving it to anyone that has not taken the course.

Or else, what?.......... Your head will pop off? :shocked2:

Last edited:
yes, they service virtually the same. In fact the D2 and the Epic first stage are the same reg, just different chrome and logos.

The second stages are different bodies and geometry and stuff but the same service kit.

If one were to take the class, would Edge regulators be covered? Are their guts the same or similar enough to the Hog line to enable one to service both?

---------- Post added at 04:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:14 PM ----------

yeah, it a patented process, kinda cool when you see it in action but a little hard to demonstrate just for kicks

---------- Post added March 22nd, 2012 at 09:31 AM ---------- Previous post was March 21st, 2012 at 08:59 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 04:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:15 PM ----------

actually I have changed my position on that, in fact have started the process of making them available but the links are broken right now (inclusing on the HOG LOG and the dealer locater...

BTW, I think MOST rec divers don't care about nor want to service their regs, and the tech requirement is because the repair class is a TDI Specialy. The first letter in TDI is a hint, plus we were going out of the norm with even offering the class. Some days I get so sick of taking flack for having the tech requirement that I feel like dumping the whole program... because frankly it has pissed off lots of dive shops andthe ones bitching about having to have a tech card wouldn't even take the class if they were Tri Mix certified, they are just bitching.
The manufacturer has decided not to release (i.e., make freely downloadable via the official website) the service manual for either the Edge or the HOG brand regs.

The Edge line is marketed toward recreational divers, and there is no official DIY-servicing class for them. Presumably, the manufacturer does not believe that recreational divers should be DIY-servicing Edge regs.

On the other hand, a DIY-servicing path is available for the tech-diver-oriented HOG line of regs.
The only way to get the service manual for the HOG regs is to take the reg servicing class, which requires some sort of "tech certification."
Students of the HOG reg servicing class have been specifically instructed not to give out the service manual to others who have not taken the class.

---------- Post added at 04:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:22 PM ----------

If you like to write manual do I have some projects you could do! :)
Cripes, maybe I should just make my own manual and lend it to others.

actually I have changed my position on that, in fact have started the process of making them available but the links are broken right now (inclusing on the HOG LOG and the dealer locater...
Thanks for giving us the heads-up on this. I think Edge/HOG reg owners will appreciate having access to the servicing manual...if for no other reason than to read explicit directions on how to tune the first and second stages. I suspect that a fair number of people who buy HOG regs are brand-new divers who like the build quality and the attractive price.

BTW, I think MOST rec divers don't care about nor want to service their regs, and the tech requirement is because the repair class is a TDI Specialy. The first letter in TDI is a hint, plus we were going out of the norm with even offering the class. Some days I get so sick of taking flack for having the tech requirement that I feel like dumping the whole program... because frankly it has pissed off lots of dive shops andthe ones bitching about having to have a tech card wouldn't even take the class if they were Tri Mix certified, they are just bitching.
I think it's great that you've provided access to DIY-servicing classes to HOG reg owners.
I would agree that most recreational divers probably don't have the time or inclination to learn how to service their own regs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom