New 32# HOG Wing = WOW!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rhwestfall

Woof!
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just took delivery of a new 32# singles wing. Opening the package, and getting over how cool the colors are (I like red), a couple things came to my attention:

1. solid material for the bag. No whimpy stuff here.
2. that has to be the sturdiest inflator (corrugated) hose I have seen!
3. inflator mechanism is seriously robust, and screams QUALITY
4. overall construction quality and attention to details is EXCELLENT!

I purchased mine through Jim Lapenta as he is close by. Hats off to his service too.

VERY IMPRESSED!!!!

Agreed.

I picked up a 32# wing and SS BP a couple weeks ago and took it on a trip to Florida with some buddies for some shore dives. Great quality build and great in the water. Very impressed with it. I've seen some otHer wings that were double the price that didn't appear to be rugged as the HOG or well built and I'm glad I took a friends advice to go with the HOG bp/w setup. Nice work guys.

Thanks for the kind comments.

I just picked up a new HOG doubles wing and the build quality is off the charts (especially when you factor in the reasonable price). Although I didn't expect anything less since my HOG regulators are as reliable as sunrise!

Bob (Toronto)

I'm looking to team up Hog wings with my plates.
I have a few questions.
Are they a single walled or do they have an internat bladder and a zipper for access?
Roughly how far apart are the slots?
I've been eyeing those wings for some time now.
I'm looking for a simple wing prefferably a single walled wing for easy clean up and price value. Internal bladder wings are great but I get people asking me if I can still get the old style Oxycheq Razor wings and the answer is negative.
A wider slot arrangment than the Mach V would also be a plus. I don't care if the overall width of the wing is wider than the Mach V, in some ways I think the Mach V is a bit rediculously narrow, almost to it's detriment.

internal bladder (bag in a bag)

I'm looking to team up Hog wings with my plates.
I have a few questions.
Are they a single walled or do they have an internat bladder and a zipper for access?
Roughly how far apart are the slots?
I've been eyeing those wings for some time now.
I'm looking for a simple wing prefferably a single walled wing for easy clean up and price value. Internal bladder wings are great but I get people asking me if I can still get the old style Oxycheq Razor wings and the answer is negative.
A wider slot arrangment than the Mach V would also be a plus. I don't care if the overall width of the wing is wider than the Mach V, in some ways I think the Mach V is a bit rediculously narrow, almost to it's detriment.

As a freedom plate user, I am interested in this as well.

OK, so it's internal bladder.
Does it have a zipper or a way to access the internal bladder for repairs?
That's mandatory in my book, it needs to have a (an easy) way to access the inside to get to the bladder.

Yes there is a zipper to access the internal bladder. It is not a urethane bladder however. Denier material used. This is why there is a ten year warranty against pinch flats on the new ones. And made in the USA. Slots are about 3 and 3/4 inches center to center using my tape measure. Don't feel like getting the calipers out. But if you send me freedom plate to demo I'll not only get out the calipers I'll take pics of em in the slots! Just kidding. If you need any more dimensions give a shout and I'll do what I can. Only have a 23 on hand right now. But will be getting another 32 in shortly I think. Jim

If you can wait til tomorrow I can send pics of the zipper set up. On my way out now.

i love my 38# on my 72"s
great quality!
have a lot of divers checking my kit out
and always give high "hog" grades!
"just contact honest jim lapenta,on scuba board"
easy to sell good stuff...
some of the other,well..
have fun
yaeg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom