Starting the research HOG Drysuit vs Edge Drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bigd2722

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
What are the differences/pros/cons of each? Don't know enuff about dry suits to realize that I don't know what I don't know. (yet)

thanx

Major difference between the two suits is that the Edge dry suit is a basic membrane suit. It doesn't come with pockets, extra padding at the kneed, or an overzipper to protect the waterproof ones. As far as I know they are now both made out of the exact same material (4 way flex).

Cheers,
CD

saw both in use last weekend. both divers had nothing but good things to say. from appearance only, ie me just observing, the HOG suit looked more durable.

HOG suit is more durable with the added 'Hog skin' on the knees.... I routinely crawl over barnacles to exit some of the local dive sites with my suit and have yet to puncture the suit.

The HOG skin is just starting to show wear after 200+ dives. Only thing I can say bad about the suit is that I'm not a big fan of zipper pockets as they are difficult to deal with with cold water dry gloves and heavy liners. But that shouldn't be a problem for anyone in Florida now should it :wink:

I dive cold water and actually like the zippers over velcro (which by the way in an option). I just added tabs to the zipper pulls to make them a little longer. My last suit had velcro and after a couple years the velcro got boogered up with junk. As velcro tends to do.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Jim,

Those derelin knobs you made are great on cave line for zipper pulls.....

Thanks Bob! I actually didn't think of that. I have a bag of them sitting here that I cut a month or so ago and never even thought of using them for zipper pulls. I have some generic plastic tabs I made. Gonna have to try the knobs out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom