HOG SMB Open or Closed Circuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

g1138

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Are the HOG SMB's an Open-baffle-bottom or fully closed bottom design?

Thanks Jim! It's probably going to be a while before I pull the trigger on a 4.5ft. I'm putting other things on the priority list right now.

I'm curious abotu the 36in. Is it the same dimensions as a Halcyon. I haven't seen any pictures or anything on them yet.
Also, is the oral inflater a push to inflate or similar to the Halcyons?

100_0766.jpg

It is a push to inflate so that it can also be used with your LP hose or the HOG quickshot fitting. And the 6 ft and 4.5 ft are on sale for Black Friday weekend.
As to how the 36 compares to the Halcyon dimensions I can't say. I just looked and Halcyon does not have dimensions on their website. The HOG 36 is 4 inches across when flat. Inflated (takes about half a breath on the surface) it's just over 2 inches in diameter (2.125 or so with the calipers loosely applied). Hope that helps. I've never seen the H in person.

See above for a pic of the HOG 36 inflate and opv assembly

Thanks Jim.

Back
Top Bottom