HOG D2 cold kit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mgrimmer

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi! I picked up a D2/Duroc set during a Black Friday deal and got the set yesterday from Dive Gear Express. I received the D2 first stage without the cold kit/environmental seal as advertised on the HOG website (see picture at Special Edition D2 Cold First Stages); instead the one I got only has a hexagon socket.
Dive Gear Express notified me that the version without the cold kit/environmental seal is the only one available at the moment. When will the cold kits for the D2 become available?

I am not a fan of the rotating turret on the D1 and therefore prefer the D2.

Thank you!

D2 Cold's will be back in stock in 2-3 weeks. We don't carry cold water kits to convert the D2 to a D2 Cold. If you thought you were purchasing a D2 cold and did not you need to address that with Dive Gear Express.

Thank you for your reply! I immediately contacted DGE and they did not know when the D2 Cold would be available, so I thought I would try here and get it from the horse's mouth - so to speak. :wink:

To be honest though, I found the information on your website to be confusing as well. You have a page for the D1 and another for the D1 Cold, but only one for the D2. On that page, you show the D2 with the environmental seal and indicate that the D2 is "available only in cold water versions." I noticed the plural in "versions" but could not figure out what that means exactly. I just noticed today that you have two different schematics for the D2 under Product Support. Perhaps you could update the website a little; just a suggestion. I am very happy with your products so far.

Thanks again.

Sorry about the web confusion. We did the cold and the non cold versions of teh D2 when we brought it out. We then discontinued te non cold version... we then had the factory tell us that they had made a couple hundred non cold by mistake. We brought it back for a encore. We did not update the web site. We suck.

Back
Top Bottom