HOG SPG accuracy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deadbilly

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
First, I apologize if this has been discussed before. I did a cursory search and didn't come up with anything. I've got a 1.5" HOG spg that I've had for just about 2 years now. Recently, I've noticed the accuracy has been quite a bit off, reading consistently low by more than 500psi. When I say "recently," I mean that I've recently noticed the inaccuracy, but I don't know if it has only recently become that way. My other (much newer) spg of the same model has no problems. Is it possible to recalibrate these things? Do they just lose accuracy over time? Is mine busted?

Thanks. I've been generally very happy with these products. Just curious about the pressure gauge.

Thanks, cerich!

Oh, and it's the glass one, and it turns out it was the 2" one, not the 1.5".

Last edited:
HOG... great products, and great customer service! I'll certainly be looking at more of them in the future.

I have one of their 2" spgs and thats probably one of the best. Great finish and no stupid red area that makes needle hard to see.

deadbilly, how did you discover that it was inaccurate in the first place? Just out of curiosity.

deadbilly, how did you discover that it was inaccurate in the first place? Just out of curiosity.

After getting fills together and comparing gas before dives, buddies would always have 3500+, I would always have <= 3000. I compared the same tanks with my other SPGs and they all give the higher pressure. To be sure, I tried it in a pressure pot.

Back
Top Bottom