New and improved Tech fins?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dhboner

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
My LDS says that HOG is introducing an new version of the Tech fin with some improvements. Any details?

Details will be forthcoming when we get a little closer to the actual delivery date (after March 15th, if all goes well) unlike some manufacturers I would prefer to wait on promoting a product that I don't have for sure in hand until such time as I know it is a sure thing and delivery won't be held up by any serious issues that arise early in the development cycle. I can say that the pre production samples are shorter than our previous model, just about nuetral in the water, lighter in weight than the previous model, and slightly softer in stiffness. They will come in red and black and come in sizes med, lrg, xl. 2xl. God willing.

Are these them? HOG Fin

They look just like the Scubapro Jet fins. I have the Hollis F1s that I use for tech and drysuit diving, I love them so far! Hollis Gear: F1 - "Bat Fin"

The fins in your link are not the ones. There is a new one coming.

Are these them? HOG Fin

They look just like the Scubapro Jet fins. I have the Hollis F1s that I use for tech and drysuit diving, I love them so far! Hollis Gear: F1 - "Bat Fin"

I've been told by a little birdy that the new fins closely resemble the Poseidon Trident fins (Trident Fin | Poseidon) , but that's a friend of a friend overheard it on a bus level of information. I'll wait to see the official pics to make my call.

it seems that HOG has taken the Apple marketing course. Leak a few rumors and let the discussions fly :)

They are not rumors. I just sold and shipped a pair of xxl's in red, have a set of red larges and xl's and a pair of mediums is on it's way. They are shorter and if you all can wait an hour or so as I am about go into a meeting I'll post pics of the ones I now have on hand. I actually started a thread that gives the measurements of the three sizes I initially got in.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Fin Pics

100_0854.jpg100_0851.jpg100_0850.jpg

New HOG tech fins in Red.

Attachments

• 100_0855.jpg
    100_0855.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 347
  • 100_0852.jpg
    100_0852.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 292
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/