Question about setting up my new HOG Doubles Regulators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

antattack

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Yay! My new HOG doubles reg set arrived today!

There is a rather frightening paper notice on the high pressure hose that says
"
*Before using the hose assembly, hose must be cleaned and make sure NO grease, oil or water residue inside.
"

The English is odd, but I think the intent is not to say that the hose needs to be cleaned, rather I believe it means that the hose must be clean. And I further propose that the hose was delivered new and clean.

They all say that.

I just blow through it to make sure there is nothing fowling it. I check the connectors and assemble the rig.

Remember to check them for spiders.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HOLY CRAP!!!! I never thought about that before because I always keep them sealed up when not in use. Are you talking about new regs or those that have been stored in your typical gear bag? Don't tell me you have a horror story. B

I tell my students something similar so they always remember to clear the water out of the reg before taking that first breath. lol :wink:

Back
Top Bottom