morph light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I see that you can connect two heads to the canister. How does that work? I was also wondering what the lumen output was.

What I really want is a YouTube video review of the canister system.

The cannister has two outlets. Use one or both. There is a cap that covers the second outlet when not in use.

Output is 1000 lumens. Hence the Morph1000 name.

The Morph heads are the same for backup ad primary correct? I so, can I use the video head on the backup battery?

That's correct. The heads are interchangeable. Not being an underwater video or photo guy what impressed me with the video head was the lack of a hotspot. I shot a alot of 35mm on land and to get that kind of even light required the use of reflectors for the lights and flashes I used. It throws an even light.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Great thanks. I am going to pick up two video heads and two batteries then and possibly a canister. I want more video lights to hand off to divers for cave video. These should work nicely.

Is there any type of handle and mounting hardware included with the can light (I don't see any in any of the images I've see of the light). If not is their a handle availible to purchase other then the glove style (I don't see that working with my dry gloves being fairly thick and I want to be able to hang the light easily for donning and dofting procedures)

Also are the light heads wet swappable?

The heads are not wet swappable.
I use the handle that 00wabbit here on the board sells with the back up that I have.
It works perfectly and at a good price. http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/li...oodman-style-handle-dris-1000-500-lights.html

As for mounting options the cannister is designed to give you plenty of them. Rather than limit you to the standard webbing and two hose clamp system.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom