Edge Gear Stealth 2 BCD tank sizes.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dv

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi all,

I had a question about the stealth 2 BCD with respect to tank diameter. I own this BCD and used a rental X8 130 steel tank and found that I could barely connect the velcro band that goes around the tank. This was causing me some issues getting a tight fit when I snap it. Should I not be using such big tanks with this BCD? Is there a max tank size?

Dave

Just an FYI. The Stealth 2 BC is currently in limited supply.

Depending on the diving you plan to do one of the new models, either the T2 or the Fusion Hybrid may also suit your needs. I have sold sveral Stealths and the owners have been quite pleased. I dive a BPW almost exclusively, even when teaching OW classes, but have an Enduro jacket for those times when I do need to wear a jacket for some reason.

The T2 is geared more towards travel and the Fusion is a good all round hybrid back inflate/jacket style inflation.

Steel 130s are pretty beefy tanks so I think you'll find most BCDs tank straps are a little pressed to reach around them.

But that being said whether or not the Velcro portion of the strap is engaged has no effect on the security of the tank. It is only there for aesthetic reasons for open water diving.

Cheers,
CD

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom