Dry suit weight

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Herb-alaska

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am looking at the hog and the edge dry suits primarily as a travel or light duty home suit. I already have 2 neoprene options but they are just to heavy to take with me.
Can you tell me what the actual weight of these two suits are
Thanks for the affordable great products.

My HOG suit weighs about 9lbs. It is a custom size but is around a 3xl. I had them install a soft sock rather than the normal hard boot, so a standard suit would have a bit more weight.

Thanks this gives me something to get started with

Are you looking into this for weight restrictions or trying to adjust weight for a membrane vs neoprene?

Travel wise you should include the weight of your underwear as well. Unlike a neoprene suits dry suit underwear are absolutely required for membrane suits. As far as lead is concerned you should be able to drop ~10lb off the belt since you won't have to worry about a buoyancy shift in the last 30' of your ascent.

Cheers,
CD

thanks Chilly I am actually thinking airline suitcase weight restrictions. I have all the weights of the other gear like the undergarments the only unknown is the DS alone

I also understand that no one can tell me what I can drop in the lead dept and Ill only be able to know for sure when I do the actual weight check.

for me is physcial weight How much does this sucker weigh in a bag

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom