SMB Design Improvement

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chilly_Dipper

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Just out of curiosity is there any chance that in the future the chem/glow stick pocket on the SMBs could be put on horizontally instead of vertically? It could be stitched in across the top of the SMB the same as it is now on the side.

The reason I ask is that if it was horizontal you could roll the SMB up and leave chem/glow stick in the pocket at all times. That way you can store one there permanently and eliminate the clumsy act of trying to put one in after the fact.

Cool idea man, I thought of something similar for BCs...why not make all the clips a different color? Because if everything is black, it is harder to see. Much easier for rescue scenarios and for easier for you too.

Cool idea man, I thought of something similar for BCs...why not make all the clips a different color? Because if everything is black, it is harder to see. Much easier for rescue scenarios and for easier for you too.

tphelps,

Interesting idea although I would simply make the clips a bright colour.

Having different colour clips would decrease the manufacturability of a BCD slightly by forcing the stocking of multiple items instead of just one. Also the quality control would be exponentially more difficult as different batches of clips would have to be monitored.

Aside from manufacturability there would the the question of standardization. Would manufacturers establish there own colour coding?

Like I said an interesting suggestion, but I think it might be easier just to stick stickers on the buckles :wink:

let me play with the idea, thanks

close your eyes.... now find your buckles.... did the color(s) help? In a silt out or a wash of bubbles, would they help?

Muscle memory.......

I think he meant for third-party rescue purposes not for yourself.

close your eyes.... now find your buckles.... did the color(s) help? In a silt out or a wash of bubbles, would they help?

Muscle memory.......

Personally I have a very bright strap cutter on my shoulder AND I fully expect anyone rescuing me to take full advantage of it's presence. Don't worry I will do the same to your gear if you require rescue in a hurry as well :)

Gear is secondary in rescue situation life is primary period anyone who doesn't believe this has their priorities wrong.

Back
Top Bottom