New Tech Mask??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BVickery

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Ok, went down to the LDS to check out the new HOG stuff (leaning towards fins and maybe mask). They had the new Tech 2 fins and (looks sharp, def gonna want a pair). Now they told me they were sold out of the tech mask and that the newer Tech masks were being released, this true? If so, any ideas on how soon and more importantly the ability to find an easy drop in for those of us that wear glasses (and even have astigmatism).

Mmm, tech mask. Sounds good, I'll have that.

What makes a mask tech?

Low Volume, Neoprene black skirts and such. I have a Mares I got (they had lens inserts in shop and pool and OW were over the course of consecutive weekends and couldn't send them out for new ones (was lucky the Mares actually fits my face rather well).

Low volume for easy clearing
Black skirting cuts down on ambient light reflecting off interior glass and doesn't show aging as bad as other colour skirts
Excellent viewing angles
and most importantly cost 5x what a non tech mask would :)

and most importantly cost 5x what a non tech mask would :)

Actually, I tend to find that Tech masks are cheaper than normal ones (Unless it's like Halcyon or something, then gotta factor in the Blue H tax).

hmm...we have two HOG branded masks, the frameless that we were oos for a couple months and are back in stock and our simply named HOG Mask... no new HOG mask on the horizon. I like the double dring idea however :)

And you can get lenses for the HOG tech mask but not to correct an astigmatism. They come in diopters from -.5 to -6.0
If you want a HOG tech mask with a true prescription lens shoot me a PM. I'm a dealer for Prescription Dive Masks and can send one to them to have done with your script. It ain't gonna be cheap though. My bi focals were over 200 to put in a mask. Plus the cost of the mask. They can put corrective lenses in any mask. Either drop in replacements or bonded to the inside of the existing lens. Or you can contact them direct to have it done. But you'll have to send them the mask.

And you can get lenses for the HOG tech mask but not to correct an astigmatism. They come in diopters from -.5 to -6.0
If you want a HOG tech mask with a true prescription lens shoot me a PM. I'm a dealer for Prescription Dive Masks and can send one to them to have done with your script. It ain't gonna be cheap though. My bi focals were over 200 to put in a mask. Plus the cost of the mask. They can put corrective lenses in any mask. Either drop in replacements or bonded to the inside of the existing lens. Or you can contact them direct to have it done. But you'll have to send them the mask.

Jim,

Thanks for the offer, but after reading another thread I think my solution is going to be just using disposable contacts for the day of the dive. I am very near sighted so it helps not having to worry much about losing or having my glasses crushed on the boat (and I have had this happen before, glasses in a 'hard case' only to be crushed). Before I settle on the HOG mask, gonna make sure it fits right.

Excellent idea. If you don't have a dealer close to try one on shoot me a PM. I have a make sure it fits policy on masks. Buy the mask, try it on, even try it in the pool. If it does not fit send it back and I'll refund your money minus shipping. Now it can't have an scratches or broken parts. Water spots are ok. And don't flame it with a lighter to remove the film on the glass! As long as it's not dirty, salted up, or sent back with tiny critters living in it we're good.

Back
Top Bottom