HOG 2nd stage jam nuts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eelnoraa

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
In the attempt to do inspection to my HOG 2nd stages, I managed to lose one jam nut by washing it down the drain, not retrieveable. How can I order one? how much does it cost?

Are you sure it is not in the pee trap? You know that u-shaped thing under the sink? Of course it could just be gone, but I am trying to be hopeful for you.

Agreed, check the trap under the sink. It may still be there. Otherwise get on the phone and call Jack or Chris tomorrow. The number is on the HOG website.
Contact Us

That is not normally a dealer stocked part.

Again call them.

Mondays are a busy day and the amount of emails they get is staggering. And with that there is not always time to check the forums.

I do not have Hog regs but that nut has got to be a standard size since it appears to thread over the hose connection. So you may be able to find other brands with a compatible nut. I'd bet local shops would have a compatible nut in the regulator junk yard.

True. Only thing you may run into is one that is too thick and doesn't let the hose go on as far as it should. Probablt a minor concern but not all regs use the same size or type.

Like Jim said, but make it easier, email us with your address to edgediving at gmail dot com

Peter, Jim, I did open the p-trap to check, but it is not there. I had all the metal part in plastic beam for cleaning. I tried to dump the water by hold the parts with my hand, but the jam nut slip out went down with water. I guess the flow of water must have washed it pass the p-trap. Stupid and lazy me.

Awap, exactly as Jim described, all jam nuts are the same. They sure have same diamter and thread size, but their width or thickness vary. HOG is about 60% the width of Atomic. If I use Atomic on HOG, LP hose will not attach properly.

Chris, thank you for your quick response. Email is going to edgediving.

Peter, Jim, I did open the p-trap to check, but it is not there. I had all the metal part in plastic beam for cleaning. I tried to dump the water by hold the parts with my hand, but the jam nut slip out went down with water. I guess the flow of water must have washed it pass the p-trap. Stupid and lazy me.

Awap, exactly as Jim described, all jam nuts are the same. They sure have same diamter and thread size, but their width or thickness vary. HOG is about 60% the width of Atomic. If I use Atomic on HOG, LP hose will not attach properly.

Chris, thank you for your quick response. Email is going to edgediving.

It looks like your problem is taken care of. But, compatibility is the key. I suspect there are other manufacturers using the exact same nut - after all, the factory is producing regs for a number of distributors which may differ only by some small tweaking of the specs. Plus, the nature of the hose connection leave room for some jam nut thickness variation with no problem. The seal is on the sides of the connection so as long as you can apply enough torque for the connection to hold and it seals, you are good to go.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom