HOG Tech 2 fins adjusting the spring

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jerrod

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

I wear a 12W male shoe size. My foot will comfortably fit an 11W when I need support for running but prefer the 12 for work shoes, etc..

So I read on Dive Gear Express that XL is 10-12, so I ordered those. When they arrived, I noticed with my 12 3 mil boots that are slightly larger for me, that the strap would not even stay against the back of my foot. I also had about 1/2 an inch on each side. I then put my 12W tennis shoe on and it was just slightly too tight inside the fin.

I called dive gear express and the lady said that they run kind of large and have to exchange them frequently.

I went ahead and ordered a pair of size L and it fits comfortably except that the strap is very tight on the back of my foot. There is very little room on the sides for thicker boots.

My questions are:

1. Can I adjust the strap on the L?
2. If not, should I try to find thicker boots and stay with the XL? (Dry diving may be in my future, but the boots would need to be very big).
3. Return them? :(

Any guidance would be great! And they look awesome and I have only read good reviews, I just need something that fits and will fit me as I advance in divine (maybe I keep both).

Thanks,

Jerrod

Hi,

I wear a 12W male shoe size. My foot will comfortably fit an 11W when I need support for running but prefer the 12 for work shoes, etc..

So I read on Dive Gear Express that XL is 10-12, so I ordered those. When they arrived, I noticed with my 12 3 mil boots that are slightly larger for me, that the strap would not even stay against the back of my foot. I also had about 1/2 an inch on each side. I then put my 12W tennis shoe on and it was just slightly too tight inside the fin.

I called dive gear express and the lady said that they run kind of large and have to exchange them frequently.

I went ahead and ordered a pair of size L and it fits comfortably except that the strap is very tight on the back of my foot. There is very little room on the sides for thicker boots.

My questions are:

1. Can I adjust the strap on the L?
2. If not, should I try to find thicker boots and stay with the XL? (Dry diving may be in my future, but the boots would need to be very big).
3. Return them? :(

Any guidance would be great! And they look awesome and I have only read good reviews, I just need something that fits and will fit me as I advance in divine (maybe I keep both).

Thanks,

Jerrod

Tech fins are typically sized to fit over drysuit boots or Rock boots which tend to be larger then a typical wetsuit boot.

I will say that contrary to manufacturers opinions the straps do stretch slightly over time. When I first get a pair of fin straps (XXL) they are fairly tight on my OTB rock boots but after 10 or so dives they fit fine.

My advice is if your not in physical pain with the size large strap give it a few dives to stretch out. The other thing is it's more the height of the pocket that matters for your fins than the width. Put the fin on and give it a few experimental kicks if is not flopping around on your foot I wouldn't worry about it to much.

Are the straps adjustable at all? My Seasoft Sunray boots seem to put me in a weird "in-between" place with the sizing. XL feels too floppy and I can't fit in a L.

Thoughts??

All the way in on the shackle holes, all the way out, and one inner and one outer. 3 positions. They do not need to be in the same holes on both sides.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Back
Top Bottom