Question about a Zenith 2nd stage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LowDrag

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I recently bought a Zenith 2nd stage that I use as my primary 2nd stage. This past Tuesday I did a lake dive and when I was putting away my gear I noticed that before I turned off my tank there was a light hissing coming from my Zenith. Is this just a minor adjustment or should I contact the company I bought it from for warranty assistance.

Thanks

Awesome breathing reg by the way...

I'm not a HOG diver, but if it looks like this one then have you fiddled with the user-adjustable bits? Silver knob below turned in a bit will be the most likely fix. Red switch pushed forward or back is less likely to affect a constant slow leak. If this doesn't work its time for service. HOG does a great job to help divers to self-service but if you can get warranty service go that way for sure.

**EDIT** - I was ambling through other HOG/EDGE threads and found this from the Hog-man himself. Does this sounds like your reg? Its post #6 in the thread I've linked below.
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/edge-gear/459468-problems-hog-regs.htmlFROM CUSTOMER: my octo from DRIS free flowed a little when I got it. A quick detune fixed it but I did wonder if this should have got caught when it was assembled.
FROM HOG: Yes it should have, there is always a slight variance between regs and when you assemble a second stage to a first stage the proper method is to adjust them so it doesn't freeflow and then cycle the second stage so the seat take a "set". Then check the tuning again.

Capture.JPG

Thanks I did try that but it is still sounding like a very small slow leak. I was a bit surprised, I only have about 5 dives on it so far. If it is just a matter of getting it tuned up a bit I can talk to my dive instructor. I am sure he would throw it on his machine and have a go at it.

It sounds like a quick adjustment. It not unusual for a reg to take a set after a few dives and need a small adjustment, follow ing which you are normally good to go for many many dives

It sounds like a quick adjustment. It not unusual for a reg to take a set after a few dives and need a small adjustment, following which you are normally good to go for many many dives

Just wanted to let you know that I sent my reg back to DRIS where I bought it and one of their reg techs took good care of my reg's for me. He found that the IP between the 1st stage and the 2nd stage was not adjusted properly. He said the IP was not turned up enough to make the parts inside seat properly (my words not his). So, he adjusted the IP and checked out my Zenith and got everything dialed in for me.

Thanks for the good advice. I will be sure to pass it on to anyone else I come across that might have the same thing come up.

LowDrag

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom