Ill-Fitting HOG Frameless Mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dive_turkey

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
So, I recently went in on the ScubaToys Tek Pak deal they had going for a while, which included a HOG Frameless Mask.

I REALLY like the mask! Unfortunately, my face just doesn't seem fat enough... err, "large" enough for it. Along the radius of the skirt, right near each of my temples, there seems to be a slight buckling of the skirt and a consistant leak severe enough that I can not hold the mask to my face by inhalation.

Also, my head is shaped like a peanut, I have high and wide cheek bones but the from the corner of my eyes to my ears is practically a straight line as my head narrow right at this point and then swells again towards where I would typically wear a hat. I know that sounds rediculous, I agree. It makes mask shopping difficult.

Anyway... Along my search for the perfect mask I KNOW I read that the HOG Frameless comes in two sizes, the typical Large that you find everywhere, and an elusive Medium, which I would love to try on!

Is this true? ...and where can I find one in Germany?

My plan is to see if this awesome mask I have that doesn't fit will work for my dive buddy. If not, I suppose I'll throw it up on the classifieds section soon. Thanks!

Also, my head is shaped like a peanut,

mMlZNpZtkkCkIYbYsRpuYOA.jpg

Smaller mask should help.

I love the Hog Frameless also but my close 2nd favorite is the Hog "Tech" mask. It has a feature that I wish the frameless mask had. The strap adjustment clasps are a thing of marvel / ease of use.

The "Tech" mask is a wee bit smaller also.

I love the Hog Frameless also but my close 2nd favorite is the Hog "Tech" mask. It has a feature that I wish the frameless mask had. The strap adjustment clasps are a thing of marvel / ease of use.

The "Tech" mask is a wee bit smaller also.

I haven't seen the tech mask? Is that the one you're wearing in your avatar?

I'm wearing the Hog frameless in my avatar. This is the tech:

[video=youtube;Zdefwjogugs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zdefwjogugs[/video]

Too bad they don't show how easy the straps adjust. Awesome for 8 / 10 year olds so I don't have to help them make it fit.

Nice. I'll have to see if I can find one to try on. I was hoping the tech was smaller version of the frameless...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom