HOG switchback 2nd stage discontinued?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sOt0nGx

Registered
Reaction score
When placing order on a hog switchback regulator package, the supplier said the switchback 2nd stage as been discontinued.

1) Is this true? :confused:
2) Will there be a new 2nd stage design which allows the left side hose this year? Maybe one that looks like Zenith with switchable-sides? :eyebrow:

I hope that isn't true but if it is dive gear express has them in the bargain bin for great price right now I just picked up a couple more just in case. they are great regs.

I hope that isn't true but if it is dive gear express has them in the bargain bin for great price right now I just picked up a couple more just in case. they are great regs.
do you think thats the reason DGE is having all HOG regs on sale but not restocking?

I have heard that they were not popular sellers so they are discontinued. I ordered a few extra at the sale price for side mount.

Reggie in NC

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The switchback has been discontinued. I have one on my rig but after taking a SM class with Steve Lewis (Doppler here on SB) found that by choosing a more efficient hose routing/length set up and a 90 degree swivel I don't need the Switchback for Sidemount.

that is great to find alternatives like a swivel but there are two problems I see with that as a newby to side mount.
#1- swivel costs min i've seen $25 up to $60. switchback $70 to $105 not big difference for what you get.
#2- another o-ring/possible malfunction area in air delivery system for few dollars less than left sided reg.
everyone should use what works for them just my simple thoughts, and glad I have a few stashed away.
Sorry to see something that few offer being discontinued by such a great company.

Back
Top Bottom