Hog repair class/course for Beneath the sea?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

neildoo

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am attending Beneath the Sea and I looked to see if there would be a course on repairing hog regs and did not see one offered does anyone know of something going on?

thanks Robert I pmd doppler hope it is a go.

Does anyone know if the HOG reg class will be offered at BTS - Sorry, a link to another thread where it was discussed is not helpful at this point. The Class is NOT currently on the BTS list of offered classes.

I have also PM'd Doppler to see if he is teaching it or not. Very much hoping someone does.

DRIS offered the class last year. It might be worth shooting Mike an email or PM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If there is a class it likely will not be on BTS site unless that is the actual venue. Since the class is taught by independent entities, either an instructor or shop, they choose the venue and it may be at a different location. Rooms at BTS itself to do this are expensive and depending on the number of those who want to do the class may require another venue. Shows that will let a vendor have an additional room at no extra cost or at say a token amount are few and far between. But they do exist.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

If there is a class it likely will not be on BTS site unless that is the actual venue. Since the class is taught by independent entities, either an instructor or shop, they choose the venue and it may be at a different location. Rooms at BTS itself to do this are expensive and depending on the number of those who want to do the class may require another venue. Shows that will let a vendor have an additional room at no extra cost or at say a token amount are few and far between. But they do exist.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Interesting - but it was taught at BTS each of the last 2 years so I dont know why it would be any different??

DRIS taught it at a non BTS venue last year. I believe it was the Extended Stay Hotel. Like Jim said, I was told it wasn't part of the official BTS program to cut down on the course cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom