HOG Service Tools Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KneeDeep

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm planning on taking the HOG reg service class in about 2 months, but need to start purchasing the required tools. So I wondering if there are any replacement tools instead of some of the one listed at scubatools.com, primarily the torque wrench. I also remember a thread (but couldn't find it) where someone suggested adjustable wrenches that were much narrow then standards.

Any suggestions?

I got a torque wrench at Sears for much cheaper than the Scuba Tools wrench. Most of my sockets and Allen wrenches came from Harbor Freight. As for the adjustable wrenches, I believe that Dive Right In Scuba has some thin wrenches for sale. I just use a regular adjustable wrench and that works fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got a torque wrench at Sears for much cheaper than the Scuba Tools wrench. Most of my sockets and Allen wrenches came from Harbor Freight. As for the adjustable wrenches, I believe that Dive Right In Scuba has some thin wrenches for sale. I just use a regular adjustable wrench and that works fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which of Sears' torque wrenches did you buy?

Thanks!

-Adrian

I'm planning on taking the HOG reg service class in about 2 months, but need to start purchasing the required tools. So I wondering if there are any replacement tools instead of some of the one listed at scubatools.com, primarily the torque wrench. I also remember a thread (but couldn't find it) where someone suggested adjustable wrenches that were much narrow then standards.

Any suggestions?

Rhino makes a thin jawed adjustable wrench. I get mine from direct tools outlet store. I can check.my local one and see what they have in stock. Be happy to pick some up if people want them. Will let you all know a price. But they are not over 20 bucks each and they are good quality.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added January 24th, 2014 at 12:31 PM ----------

Which of Sears' torque wrenches did you buy?

Thanks!

-Adrian

Craftsman microtorque. Goes up to 250 INCH POUNDS, not foot pounds.

Rhino makes a thin jawed adjustable wrench. I get mine from direct tools outlet store. I can check.my local one and see what they have in stock. Be happy to pick some up if people want them. Will let you all know a price. But they are not over 20 bucks each and they are good quality.
Please do Jim... I'm looking for 2x for me.

Is there a different alternative on the torque? Every thing else is specialty specific.

I would be interested in two as well, if shipping up to Canada is no problem.

Thanks!

---------- Post added January 24th, 2014 at 12:31 PM ----------

Craftsman microtorque. Goes up to 250 INCH POUNDS, not foot pounds.

Thank you!

-Adrian

I would be interested in two as well, if shipping up to Canada is no problem.

Thanks!

I would check out Princess Auto.

I will try and stop by the local store this weekend. It is a tool outlet store so they do run out from time to time on some items. If they have them in I will let you know a price and shipping to canada is no problem. I could get two in a small.flat rate priority box and believe postage is 19.95 for that. Otherwise 1st class parcel but that can take up to three weeks to arrive. And have to look up the price as it's based on weight. Lousy weather and roads down here so it may not be until monday after work as it's closer and on the way home. And yes they are suitable for the class. And easier than milling the jaws on a standard six inch adjustable which is how I made my first thin jawed adjustables.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom