Edge EXP upgrade to environmentally sealed?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SurprisedOutlet

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello, I have an Edge EXP regulator that I bought primarily for warm water diving. I live in the Pacific Northwest and might dive up here in the future. I see on the Edge website that:[h=4]1st stage: Can be environmentally sealed for cold water or contaminated environement use[/h]How do I upgrade my 1st stage and would this reg be useful in waters as cold as 49 degrees? I bought the reg online and didn't see the option when I purchased it.

Thanks for your help!

Hello, I have an Edge EXP regulator that I bought primarily for warm water diving. I live in the Pacific Northwest and might dive up here in the future. I see on the Edge website that:1st stage: Can be environmentally sealed for cold water or contaminated environement use

How do I upgrade my 1st stage and would this reg be useful in waters as cold as 49 degrees? I bought the reg online and didn't see the option when I purchased it.

Thanks for your help!

Something like this: Edge Gear Edge Epic Coldwater Kit | Dive Right In Scuba - Plainfield, IL

BTW, the water was a balmy 45 last weekend on Hood Canal. 49 sounds like summer diving to me :D

That is for the edge epic, will it work for the EXP?

Also, what about the 2nd stage for cold water? I'm not against getting another reg for cold water, but if I don't need to...

No the kit will not work on the exp. Different body. At this time there is a cold water version of the exp and it comes with a second stage but there is no kit to convert the non sealed version. The second stage can be used in colder water.
If you just want a cold water 1st stage I suggest a d2 or d1 if DIN is acceptable. If yoke you'll need to get a D3. Unless someone has a conversion kit for the D1. I am out of them right now and so is HOG.
The manual.states on those regs that can be converted a kit can be had. The EXP is one that cannot.
Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom