Edge Epic Yoke to DIN Conversion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eweingarden

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I want to convert my Epic yoke to a DIN. I do not want to use an adapter. Is there a conversion kit for this reg?

Buy a Hog DIN fitting.
Unscrew yolk fitting.
Screw in DIN fitting.

I've searched for the HOG DIN fitting, but can't find it. Can you tell me where I can get one. Thanks.

call a hog dealer and they can likely order it. DiveRightinScuba, Cave Adventurers, Divers Supply etc. The regulators were not intended to be swapped over though which is why HOG is only DIN, and Edge is only Yoke.

call a hog dealer and they can likely order it. DiveRightinScuba, Cave Adventurers, Divers Supply etc. The regulators were not intended to be swapped over though which is why HOG is only DIN, and Edge is only Yoke.

I bought three of the slightly older EDGE EPIC first stages with DIN in 2012 and 2013 when they were selling out below $100.00.

Edge is not only yoke. You can buy Epics with a DIN fitting. Also you can buy a yoke conversion kit for the HOG D-1's. As for converting a yoke Epic to DIN you are looking at around 40 bucks in parts plus a service kit for the filter and o rings. Also since it is a Edge reg if you have not taken the service course you will need to have a dealer install it so labor may also come into play.

That's not an Epic. That's a HOG D3 with the removable orifice.

rebuildkitepic.jpg

Edge Epic Service Kit First Stage

Is this kit (showing the replaceable seat/orifice) simply mis-labeled?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom