Inline adjusting tool & HOG Classic 2nd Stage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WhiteSands

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I recently purchased an inline adjusting tool, and the hex bit on the tool measures 5mm.
I understand this is the standard size for most 2nd stages out there.

However the adjusting screw on my HOG Classic 2nd stages are 4mm.

How do techs deal with this problem? The bits on my adjusting tool does not seem to be swappable.

Is it the in-line adjuster made by Scuba Tools Inc? If so, that is the one I use, and it works fine on HOG/EDGE regulators. It goes to about 50% of the depth, which is enough contact for adjusting.

The seal between the adjustment tool and the 2nd stage is via the O-ring behind the hex.

It doesn't say ScubaTools anywhere on the body so I guess not.
Is there anything simple I could do to make it work?
I don't have the skills or lathe to machine it down.

Can you post a picture?

I recently purchased an inline adjusting tool, and the hex bit on the tool measures 5mm. I understand this is the standard size for most 2nd stages out there. However the adjusting screw on my HOG Classic 2nd stages are 4mm. How do techs deal with this problem? The bits on my adjusting tool does not seem to be swappable.

Yup, the DGX inline tool won't work with the hogs ....

BRad

IMG_1428.jpgIMG_1429.JPG

I'm not sure if it is the same one as the DGX tool. I bought it off my instructor.

That's not the (current) DGX one, but still, won't work with the hogs.

I recently did 5 classic seconds in about 10 minutes a month ago. 5 minutes to get the first one how I wanted it, and 5 more to get the rest similarly setup with just an Allen key.

BRad

That is a mistake I have seen made several times and why I only recommend the one from scubatools. Pretty much everything else that's required can be sourced from them to sears and even Home Depot. But if you choose to use the in line tool the one from scubatools is the best. Piranha also has a new one that I have yet to try. I may order one this week just to see of it will work. If it does I'll recommend it as I like those guys and they treat me well.

Back
Top Bottom