Wetsuit Repair Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

swsurgeon

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have a Body Glove 3mm suit that is 5-10 yrs old and in great shape because I don't use it very often. One of the reasons is that the insides of the legs have HUGE seams that are very uncomfortable around the backs of my knees. Since I hope to be spending some time in warmer waters, I'd like to modify it. I was thinking of getting a couple strips of very light wetsuit material (about 3" x 12" in size) and gluing them over the offending portions of the seams. Do you think that would be the best approach and, if so, where should I look to order some material and adhesive?

Thanks very much for your help.

Since your mounting your add-on to the interior of your suit you could more then likely use any type of material. Maybe even a peice of spandex doubled up. You can purchase Mcnett Aqua Seal for an adhesive from most dive shops or the net.

Scubanarc,

Thanks for the suggestion. I probably could go with lighter material.

How are things in Rochester? I graduated from U of R in 1976. I used to love Bay & Goodman pizza and spicy chicken from Smitty's Birdland No. 2.

Things are OK in Rochester. I live about 2 miles from the U of R and visit a freind there quite frequently he's finishing up his last year of Med. school. I try to stay away from food places like the one's you mentioned because my pants keep shrinking. :)

I know how you feel---I'm starting to take on way too much of an Orca-like appearance myself!

Smitty's used to make chicken in Hot, Extra Hot, and Super Hot. It was served on bread that would soak up the fiiery hot sauce. One test of manhood among the frat brothers was whether one could eat the bread from a Smitty's Superhot.

Another place that I really liked, but could only afford to patronize during a parental visit, was called Spring House.

Best Regards,

SWS

Back
Top Bottom