Choosing wetsuits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bfliller

New
Reaction score
I'm new to diving and live in Northeast Ohio. I will be diving primarily in the lower Great Lakes and quarries/rivers in this area (Ohio, PA, NY, MD).

There is so much information out there on choosing wetsuits, but I would really appreciate some practical advice. I realize that there is not one wetsuit for everything, but can anyone offer any suggestions on the wetsuit(s) I should consider?

Thanks,

Brent

I have a 3 mil and am getting a 7 mil soon. I think a lot of it depends where you are diving and at what depth. Most divers I know like the 2 piece (overalls and jacket-- forgive me if I didnt say that correctly) but they can use the top as a shorty when it gets warmer..... Good luck!

Have a look at our Exposure Suits forum.

Laurens

BTW, welcome (Scub)aBoard! :balloon

Moved from Introductions & Greets forum.

bfliller:
Thanks much for the info - and the quick reply!

Brent

Myself, I went directly to a trilam drysuit for inland cold water diving. I can adjust how much thermal insulation I want that way.

Most people I know that got seriously into diving, wasted money on a 7mm/7mm (14mm) wetsuit in their first year, and then bought a drysuit in their second for better thermal protection and bouyancy characteristics.

Back
Top Bottom