Wet Suit Zipper Repair

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gstroupe

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I nearly ruined a beautiful dive day in Jamestown, RI yesterday when the zipper on my wetsuit broke while donning. I have a Bare 7mm with hood and it is fasioned with the zipper across the chest (fyi...I hate it). When I went to zip it up, one side of the zipper came out of the slider and a tooth is missing.

I figured I'd bounce my dilema off the folks here to see if they had any good ideas on fixing it or will I be the proud owner of a new 7mm soon?

Thanks

I don't really have any suggestions other than to bring it to Ocean State Scuba the next time you are down that way. They could probably help you out and cost little if anything at all (if you don't have to replace the zipper).

If we're talking stitching - it can be fixed. If we're talking broken zipper teeth - you will need to replace the whole thing.

Was this a rental suit? If yes the shop may cut you a break.

--Matt

mstudley:
I don't really have any suggestions other than to bring it to Ocean State Scuba the next time you are down that way. They could probably help you out and cost little if anything at all (if you don't have to replace the zipper).

I brought it there and he could not get it fixed, I ended up renting one from him so that I could get at least one dive in yesterday.

Looks like you need a replacement and thats near the price maybe of a new Bare suit w/o the hood. Maybe cut off the hood and buy a hooded vest to use over it.

I've had 3 Bare wetsuits and a Bare Drysuit. Not one of the wetsuit zippers lasted 50 dives!!
I really liked the Bare suits. However I now dive a different brand!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom