peeing in suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Plungebob

Reaction score
Yeah sure it,s funny .But seriously......I know there is dry-suits available with pee valves . But what about wet-suits..I,m a new diver and still using rented skins or dive shop loaners. So you can imagine my reaction when our instructor suggested we shound pee if we have to ..YIKES STRIPES ..Im goin to buy my own suit soon. Any suggestions.. I live in Montreal and it can get cold ,still I plan to do mostly warm water dives.

Yes, owning your own gear is nice, if only for that reason :) When Mother Nature calls, as it will if you're hydrating properly, that's what you do. (Just avoid it in the shop pool :)

Take your suit with you into the shower at the hotel. Use warm water and shampoo. Rinse thoroughly. Hang up to dry. Works just fine. :wink:

That is really an interesting question !!!
Does the compression from a wet suit preclude the possibility of using a "p" valve?

the K

It would kind of defeat the purpose, as a wet suit is a form-fitting suit. I guess they could always come out with one having a zipper :)

Oooouuuuuchhh ! ! ! !

The Kraken:
Does the compression from a wet suit preclude the possibility of using a "p" valve?

the K

Big K,

The P valve would preclude the possibility of getting that nice sudden warm feeling! :D

The Kraken:

the K
Interesting question.
I have a compressed neoprene drysuit and I find that some dives, usually deeper ones, i am a little wet around where the valve fits.
Not sure if I need to reapply some more aquaseal or if it is just the suit leaking.

markfm:
It would kind of defeat the purpose, as a wet suit is a form-fitting suit. I guess they could always come out with one having a zipper :)

A friend of mine had a "comfort zip" put in his semi dry. He loved it. He would just cruise along, unzip, release his tackle, and pee freely.

I can see it now -- male diver arrested for exposing himself on the Spiegel Grove, film at 11 :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom