dry suit inflator hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

brian d

Registered
Reaction score
I just got my hands on a older poseidon parkway drysuit and noticed the inflator hose hookup is a larger nipple quick connect than a standard inflator/bc hose.where might I be able to get my hands on a hose that works???

you did not get the hose with it? wow that must be a old valve, old suit? e-mail seller for a hose/E-bay? or new valve.

It may be easier to put on new Si Tech valves,especially a suit that is fairly old,it is good to have newer valves.

thanks guys, I,m opting for new valves..definetly way to go.It,s definetly an older suit with stiff LONG zipper from back to chest.I was hoping to try it out yesterday, will have to wait now since my dive partner had an extra one that he said I could use till he fit into it again!!So i figure if i just bring doughnuts and pizza to every dive I'll be golden!!!But seriously it fits me perfect with a much easier back entry and an exhaust valve on the right forearm.I love the design and my partner whom is a seasoned diver from scotland said I was officually in the dry suit stage!!

What you have there might be Argon hookup.

Since Argon is dangerous to breathe, a different connector is used to avoid any chance of people trying to breath the argon by connecting a reg.
You do not need that many breaths of Argon, before it kills you.
There schould be a restrictor/overpressure valve in there or in the hose (which you don't have)

Its not an argon connector. Many people use a standard inflator hose for argon. Just label the cylinder "argon". As for this particular valve/hose, that is a Poseidon hose, which is non-standard, and might be available from a Poseidon dealer. The guy that gave you the suit doesnt have the hose? Good Luck...

Well technically Argon is not dangerous in any capacity. It's totally inert.

It's the lack of oxygen that will make you pass out and then die if you don't get some O2.

brian d:
I just got my hands on a older poseidon parkway drysuit and noticed the inflator hose hookup is a larger nipple quick connect than a standard inflator/bc hose.where might I be able to get my hands on a hose that works???

I recently acquired a poseidon jetsuit with the same inflator any other suggestions out ther to fix the above problem?:11doh: :11doh:

My Diving Concepts dry suit also has a fitting that is different size than my BC inflator. I can only think of a couple of reasons for it being a different size.

1. Makes the hose cost a lot more, I had to replace mine, and it was about twice the cost of an inflator hose.

2. The connector is easier to connect and remove with gloves on. Might not sound like much, but there have been times when I have appreciated that.

Given that it took more than a month to get the hose replaced, I ordered two hoses so I would have a spare. I put it on my wifes regs and keep in the car when I go diving. If I have a problem with my set I can simply switch over to her regs. She caught on to what I was doing when she went to the pool to do a refresher for a trip we were going on. She couldn't figure out why she had an extra hose. Boy did I hear about that one.

Of course I haven't told my daughter yet that I'm using her regs on my pony bottle :D.

Back
Top Bottom