custom made suits?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nova SS

Contributor
Reaction score
I having a hard time finding a wet suit that fits proper, Im looking for a 7mm and may have to go to a two peice. I have a 36 waist Im 5'10 but have a 48 chest and weigh at 200 LBS . Anything that fits my chest drag the floor.

Anybody have any idea what a custom suit cost?

I paid $400 for a full 3mm with a 2mm sleeveless step-in - essentially a shortie that fits over/matches the full suit. Very pleased with service from www.liquidfit.com

My family and I have 8 suits made by Liquid Fit. They are great. I can't tell you the cost as we have had them 6 yrs and I just don't remember plus I am sure prices have changed. Check with Carolyn (owner of Liquidfit.com)

Becky

Lots of pros use this company for custom suits, as do I:

Aquaflite

Best selling point,

Relief Zipper:
You no longer have to peel off your suit to experience “relief.” Available only on men’s suits.

Some of those hyper stretch suits will fit people who aren't "off the rack".

Atlan did some nice 7mm custom work for my wife. I give them an edge when you get the cold water customs. You will work through a local dealer for measuring etc.
http://atlaninc.com/default.html

Pete

divercooke:
i paid $350 for a 7.5 one piece custom . in California. were are you at

Im way out on the east coast ( delaware) so Im looking at cooler waters, hence a 7mm. I think Im going to go with a farmer john style.

I am/was in the same boat as you. Then I realized that a XXXL Bare fits me quite well in all the right places, the legs and arms are a tad long so I took it to a customesizer/tailor (who works on wetsuits) and had him shorten the legs and arms for a mere $20.

This way I paid normal prices for the suit + $20 to shorten. This way I didn't have to pay the ridiculous custom fees that I did have to pay for my first suit when I was still a noob ($850 for a crap custom Oceanear suit)

Tamas:
I am/was in the same boat as you. Then I realized that a XXXL Bare fits me quite well in all the right places, the legs and arms are a tad long so I took it to a customesizer/tailor (who works on wetsuits) and had him shorten the legs and arms for a mere $20.

This way I paid normal prices for the suit + $20 to shorten. This way I didn't have to pay the ridiculous custom fees that I did have to pay for my first suit when I was still a noob ($850 for a crap custom Oceanear suit)

That was a good move since those swing sizes from Bare are not always in good supply.

Pete

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom